Sunday 3 November 2013

iBooks with voiceover: how to.

Dear reader,

 

I know that we all have heard lots of horror stories about iBooks for Mavericks, I might even have spread a few.

 

I have done some investigation in the meantime, and have found an efficient way to make use of this app.

 

The first problem you will usually find, is difficulty with reading book titles, authors etc. 

 

This is easily fixed by selecting the list radio button.

 

Another common problem is not being able to open a book. This can be also fixed by selecting the list radio button, interacting with the table with the books, and using command oh to open the book.

 

Reading books is a bit more complex, but each chapter has its own HTML content area within the scroll area. I usually read my books in iOS, thus have not really read using iBooks for the Mac. Will post a second blog on iBooks at a later date.

 

More from me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment